- Imagine someone with an Indian passport at the Immigration counter on his return being asked "Where is your visa?". The simple fundamental right of a citizen is "Right of Entry" into his country, unless of course, he/she is "wanted".
- Many times on the same evening, while waiting for ur baggage to appear, a guy in White uniform approaches asking "Yaabhai dollar ivvu" (Give me 50 Dollars).
- Where are the signs that take you to restrooms (toilets - the best way to judge any public amenity, there are only two in the entire lounge, but where is the display board???)
- Why is it that the rest room smells similar to a restroom in Bihar railway station?
- Why no coffee counter in the entire lounge? Unless a person goes through the security check area, there is no way he/she can get something to eat or drink, save the useless coke vending machine.
- Why no proper accoustics to inform flight arrival or departure? It sounds as if someone is in a deep well and grumbling.
- Where are the directions to the internation aminities??? No cybercafe, no wi-fi, no recliner chairs, no currency converters... (See am not talking of security hold area where one hardly spends time. I am talking of the lounge, where one needs to wait in between two flights, if there is a gap of more than three hours. You cannot check in, as it only starts 3 hrs before scheduled departure time, nor you can go out as it is away from city and has miles of wilderness around)
- If this insult is the biggest airport, why only six (6) aprons? Even the most worthless International airport of Charles deGuall in Paris has around 50/60 aero-bridges and can handle around 120 flights per hour!
- Why are the ground staff ill-informed of everything and always give a response like "we dont know!"
- Many people lost out, due to the bubble in the land prices around this airport - mostly the working class.
- Many NRIs (the neo-rich, IT types) bought the shares of the GMR consortium - only to lose out. The price per share was INR 260 before the airport was launched, now it is around INR 160.
- No one knows, how many kickbacks, how much of cost projected actually went into this airport.
At the end of the day, I know the stock answer - there is lot more to be done, this is just the begining.